Girls' GCSE results are the best in Cheshire!
From our Early Years right through to our Sixth Form, our 2016 girls' results were outstandingly good and put King's not only amongst the very best schools in the region, but also in The Times Top 150 Schools for A Levels.
Our 2016 GCSE results are amongst the very best in the region and, for our Girls' Division, the very best in Cheshire. Our outstanding girls' results are:
· 71% of all grades are A*/A
· 93% of all grades are A* – B
· 73% of girls achieved an A* in one or more subjects
· 71% of girls got 5 As or better
· 9 girls achieved 9 A*s or better
· 4 girls achieved an A^ (A* with distinction) in Further Maths
Our 2016 A level results were amongst our best ever results which put us in the Times Top 150 UK Schools. Our students achived the following incredible results:
- 22% of all grades were A*
- Over 50% of all grades were A*/A
- 80% of all grades were A* - B
- 10 students achieved A*A*A* or better
- 50 pupils achieved an A* in at least one subject
- 50 pupils achieved three straight As or better
Equally important is the success that we have with pupils entering further education. Students are well supported in preparation for university (see Careers) and in 2016, 70% of our students achieved their first choice of university; around 60% are joining Russell Group universities and each year a good number gain places at Oxford or Cambridge. Many students each year are accepted onto courses for Medicine, Veterinary Science, Engineering, Music and Law at some of Britain's top universities, as well as universities in USA and Europe.
Once again this year we are delighted to hear of some of our former pupils' success at university, with many students contacting us to say that they have been awarded a First Class Honours degree. In recent years former pupils have achieved the top First Class honours degree across the whole of Oxford University in Fine Art, Engineering and English.