Each year, King's enjoys outstanding exam results at A Level and GCSE, as well as stunning results in our infant and junior assessments at Key Stages 1 and 2.
Our 2016 A Level results are amongst the school's best ever results and continue our record for academic excellence. Our exm results compare favourably with other independent schools in the region and also put King's in top performing independent schools in the UK.
In 2016, of the 124 students in Year 13:
· Over 50% of grades were A* / A (national average 26%)
· 22% of grades were A*· 80% of grades were A* – B
· 50 students achieved AAA or better
· 10 students achieved A*A*A* or better
· Three students received four A*s or above
· The A – C pass rate is 95% (national average of 76%)
An impressive 6 students gained offers of places at Oxford and Cambridge Universities, which have the toughest admissions procedures of all universities, to study a range of courses including Medicine, PPE, English Literature and Maths.
Our GCSE results are amongst the very best in the region and, for our Girls' Division, the very best in Cheshire. Of the 150 students in Year 11:
· 84 students achieved the top A* grade in one or more subjects
· 66 students achieved 9 As and better
· 11 pupils achieved 9 A*s and better, and
· 31 pupils achieved at least 5 A*s
· 6 students achieved an A^ (an A* with distinction) in Further Maths
The outstanding results showed:
· a quarter of all grades were at A*
· around 60% of all grades were at A*/A and
· 85% of grades were A* – B
For more on our 2015 results, see: 2015 results or
For our 2014 results, see: 2014 A level & GCSE Results
For how to apply, see: Admissions